Wednesday, April 16, 2014

A Teacher's Impact

Ever have the feeling that you know you were born to be an educator?  Today, was one of those days for me and it's the best feeling in the world!

Today, I was stopped in the hall by a previous student's parent and we were talking about how quickly her children have grown up.   I can't believe her daughter who I had in 2nd grade and in 6th grade was graduating high school this year.  I asked her how she was feeling as a parent to have her first born graduate and head off to college.  She told me she felt Mae was ready, she was excited about her going and this new adventure she would have.

I agreed with her (matter of fact, Mae was ready in 2nd grade to go off to college... :) )  But, what she expressed next really made my heart melt.  She told me that because of me and the impact I had on Mae, she has decided to enter the elementary education program at her school.  She said that Mae always talks about my teaching and the bond I created with my students.  Mae wants to have the same thing with her future students.

WOW!

They always say we never know the true impact we have on our student's lives and that's so true.  Who knew, 10 years ago when Mae entered my classroom as a scared, shy young girl that I would plant the seed to truly help her figure out what her passion is in life....to become a teacher.

Thank you God for the gift you have given me as an educator.  I am truly honored and blessed to spend my days with such amazing, young children.



Do you have a story you would like to share.  Please leave it in the comments!  I would love to hear how you are impacting your students!

No comments:

Post a Comment