Thursday, September 10, 2015

My New Students are MY KIDS

Well, we are officially into the school year and the bond I am creating with my students is amazing.  I think I have the best 4th grade students on Earth!

I think about these kids while I am in school and out of school. I think about what they need to be successful not only in school, but in life.  I think about whether or not they are making friends and had a good day.  I am thinking about whether they understood my lesson on character traits or could I have done a better job explaining it to a few of them.  I am thinking that I did not get to conference with each student today about their learning but at least I got to make a personal connection with them on something that interests them.  I am thinking about how to get them to have the internal drive to be the very best that they can be while staying true to who they already are.  I am thinking that I only have 160 more days with them and it's not enough for the impact I want to have on their lives.

So, these students are not just my students...they are my kids!  They are part of my heart now and  they always will be!




No comments:

Post a Comment