Friday, May 1, 2015

I Love Books!


I love books!  I love to read!  I love to get lost in someone else's world!  

Unfortunately, it wasn't always this way because I was not a strong reader in 1st grade compared to the other students.  However, I had an amazing teacher who didn't just push phonics on me or sight words down my throat, instead she started to lay the foundation of loving books.  Thank you Connie Merritt for reading all of those Amelia Bedelia books as they sparked my love for reading.  (Something my youngest child, Breana is also fond of reading!) 

As teachers, our number one job is to spark some type of light into our student's lives.  For me, as a Reading teacher that spark is to help my students become lifelong readers by helping them find that "just right" book which is the beginning of laying down the foundation to love books!   Each year, I am challenged with doing this and it's exciting.  As this school year wraps up and I look around my classroom as each of my students are lost in a book, I get teared up as I also helped them create that foundation.  

I am so blessed to be a teacher.  :)



No comments:

Post a Comment